Fedora 14: Laughlin
Op 2 november werd Fedora 14 losgelaten. Intussen heb ik mijn fedora 13 machine geüpgraded.
En “yum upgrade –skip-broken loste niks op omdat het python en zijn afhankelijkheden dan niet updateten.
Fedora 14 Laughlin Main Software Updates, Changes and Features
New Software Versions
* Linux Kernel 2.6.35 – Newest Linux Kernel
* Gnome 2.32 – Newest Gnome Desktop
* KDE Plasma Desktop 4.5.0 – Newest KDE Desktop
* OpenOffice.org 3.3 – Office suite
* NetBeans 6.9 – An open-source integrated development environmen (IDE)
* Eclipse Helios 3.6 – An open-source integrated development environmen (IDE)
* Python 2.7 – Updated Python to the upstream 2.7 release of Python Programming environment/language
* Perl 5.12 – Perl updated to 5.12 version
* MeeGo 1.0 – MeeGo Netbook UX 1.0 experience in Fedora
Fedora 14 Laughlin Other Improvements, Changes and Features
* Linux Kernel 2.6.35 – Linux 2.6.35 includes a wide range of new features
* Desktop Virtualization – Spice is a complete open source solution for interaction with virtualized desktops, focusing on the provision of high-quality remote access to QEMU machines.
* Faster JPEG Compression/Decompression – The replacement of libjpeg with libjpeg-turbo brings speed improvements
* New and Updated Programming Languages – Fedora 14 sees the introduction of D, a systems programming language combining the power and high performance of C and C++ with the programmer productivity of modern languages like Ruby and Python.
* Better Tools For Developers – Netbeans 6.9, Eclipse Helios 3.6, D programming
* KDE Plasma Desktop 4.5.0 – KDE 4.5.0 introduces window tiling and better notification features, along with many stability and performance improvements.
* Sugar 0.90 – The latest release of Sugar features major usability improvements for the first login screen and the control panel, as well as support for 3G networks.
* Improved Netbook Experience With MeeGo – The MeeGo Netbook UX 1.0 provides a user interface tailored specifically for netbooks, building on the foundations laid by Moblin in previous Fedora releases.
* IPMI Server Management Made Simple – ipmiutil, an easy-to-use, fully-featured IPMI server management utility that allows a wide range of management functions to be performed with just a few commands.